Hey, are you thinking of starting your own blog? But you are not able to decide which is the best blogging platform to start, then you must read this article.
In this article, we are going to discuss various blogging platforms that you can use to start your blogging career.
Even if you are not a beginner with one of these platforms, this platform will definitely help you grow your blogging journey.
So before jumping into the different platforms of the blog let’s look at these points which are really important which you need to consider before choosing any platform.
Which is the Best Blogging Platform?
Points To Remember When Choosing Blogging Platform
- Make sure whatever blogging platform you choose is easy to use, if it is complicated then you will not be able to elevate your blog as you maintain all these complicated steps involved in designing your blog.
- Make sure there is a community available on the internet and there are various tutorials available on the internet so that you can easily learn from those tutorials and implement an implementation in your blog.
- Whatever platform you choose, make sure it is feature-rich, i.e. there are plenty of features available to customize your blog.
- Your blogging platform does not restrict you, which means there is room to grow in the future.
- Your blogging platform should be easily and even easily transferable to other blogging platforms because one platform always has limitations so you have to make sure that whatever your blogging platform you choose, it is easily accessible to other blogging platforms.
Best Blogging Platform
Tumblr is a microblogging service where you can share anything you want like images, text, GIFs, videos, and even audio.
So let us now see what is an overview of Tumblr and what are the benefits of using Tumblr.
Let’s see how you can set up.
Just click on get started and you need to add your email address, password, and username and you are ready to sign up. You don’t need to create another account, you just need to give your information like email password and username and all you have to do is click on sign up.
So let’s see what the dashboard looks like when you sign up from here. After signing up in your dashboard you can share your text, photos, quotes, links, and anything from it.
So let’s say I want to share an article. Just click on the text and type the title here and whatever you want to write in the article and give some hashtags related to your field and then you are ready to post here.
After publishing your post you can view it from here and then your article looks something like this. I have written a small sample or dummy article here.
- You do not need to have technical or coding knowledge to use this platform.
- You can directly share your article on different platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and all other platforms.
- Social media integration is available on this platform.
The first disadvantage comes with Tumblr branding.
- In tumblr you can’t select the domain name of your choice. Your tumblr domain looks like tumblr.com/blog/yoursitename.
- It has limited features i.e. you cannot customize your blog.
- You cannot transfer this blog to another platform.
Squarespace is basically built for small businesses, where you can easily create your website by just drag and drop.
And you don’t need coding knowledge to use this platform. You can easily create your website with a few clicks.
Let us now have an overview of using this platform and the pros and cons.
So this is what the Squarespace platform looks like, click on Get Started and there are some details you need to fill in to create an account. You can also sign in with Google accounts.
Once you log in to this platform they will show you a website in a domain so that you can buy a domain from here or transfer your domain to this platform.
Just click on the creator site and there are thousands of templates available that you can choose from.
So after choosing a template you can add your website title here and click on continue and you can learn everything from here.
So how does your website look when you just started you can edit everything if you want to edit it.
- Firstly the platform is easy to use, so you do not need technical knowledge to use this platform.
- There are many templates available in this, so that you can select any template and customize your website.
- It provides a separate domain name so that you can buy a domain name from here and start your website easily from here.
- There are limited features available for using this platform, which means that you cannot fully customize your website.
- Limited integration is available which means you cannot directly share your blog or your website on social media platforms.
Medium has grown into a community of writers, so Medium’s main focus is just on writers, journalists, and bloggers.
If you are a writer then this is a perfect platform for you, you can create your community here. Let’s take a look at this medium.
So what does this medium look like, you just need to click on get started here or sign in? If you click on start it will ask you basic details like email address and your username and all the other stuff.
Once you have signed in, a medium dashboard then you can edit your profile from here various categories are available like home, popular, speed, and all other popular categories are available here.
If you want to add your blog or your article to your story in this forum then all you have to do is click on this profile button and add your story.
Click on publish and it will ask you a few things like your tags and everything else and you are ready to publish your article.
After publishing, you can see your article preview, and also you can submit it on the social media platform.
- You can easily share your articles on social media so that you can build your community here.
- People in your community get notified when you publish articles in a media publication.
- Medium mainly focuses on your writing skills, you don’t need to focus on your designing skills because medium is just focusing on writers, publishers, they are not focusing on design.
- Limited design features, which means you can’t completely design your blog using Medium.
- Medium owns your audience, if you lose your blog on Medium, you can’t get your audience back from it.
- You cannot use your own domain name in this platform, you will just get a profile page like Facebook @yoursitename or your page is just that.
- You cannot run your own ads on these platforms i.e. you cannot earn money from this platform.
Blogger is a free platform for blogging and it is provided by Google, here you can easily create a blog.
So a blogger platform looks like this: you need to sign in using an email id from here.
If you want to create a new blog just click a new blog from here and add your website title and click on next and you can choose an address that looks like your URL title.blogspot.com if it is available If not, you can look for another name.
So I’m just using the example myblog.blogspot.com and saving it. Once you save it your blog is created and now you can post anything by clicking on this plus icon.
You can write a title and a description or your own article here. Yes, it’s that simple you can edit your article, you can add images here, you can add a tag and label here and you can do a lot more in Blogger.
- Blogger is completely free.
- Easy to use and manage without any technical knowledge.
- You can use different themes and layouts from here.
- You can earn money using Google AdSense. It will take at least 3 to 6 months to get approval from the Google team.
- Limited tools, here you cannot fully optimize your website.
- Design features are limited.
- Blogger doesn’t get any frequent updates, which means you get what you’re watching now.
- Google will suspend your website if you are violating certain rules.
Don’t get confused with WordPress.com and wordpress.org. So let’s see what is wordpress.com.
This is what our WordPress.com looks like, about 37% of websites are built on WordPress so you can trust this website.
So to get started with this wordpress.com you just have to click on start and it will ask you some basic details, here you have to fill in basic details like email address, your username, and your password.
So what does wordpress.com look like once you are logged in? This is the readership. If you go to this my site section it will redirect you to your site so your site looks like this now you can edit this site you can view your website from here.
So, what your website looks like and edit all these elements from the dashboard, you have this one dashboard and you can have different options like my home, state, plan, site, design, and all other stuff in this dashboard, which you can edit anything from here. So I am leaving it to you to go ahead and explore this website.
- It’s easy to use. You can easily play around with some of the tools available here like Design, Site and everything else. You can choose from some of the themes available here.
- No setup and hosting is required , as you see you just need to go ahead and create your account with some basic details that your website is set up and the best part is that it is completely free.
- When it comes to designing there are limited features available as compared to WordPress.org.
- You cannot run ads on your website. WordPress.com will run an ad on your website but you are not going to get revenue from those ads, whatever revenue generated from those ads will be transferred to wordpress.com and you won’t get anything.
- You are not the owner of your blog, which means wordpress.com will ban you or suspend your blog if you violate it.
This is a favorite for every blogger, let’s take an overview of wordpress.org.
You have to type your domain name here like in my case it is wealthywork.in/wp-admin and press enter then what your WordPress.org dashboard looks like.
You may have different options available here, you can just play with it, and don’t worry we are going to build your website with the help of this platform.
If you want to see your website you can go ahead and click on Go to your website so that your website now looks like this and you can customize each section from this dashboard.
If you want to learn how to start a blog on WordPress then you can click here and read articles on WordPress blog.
So let’s see what are the benefits of using this platform.
- You have complete control over your own interface, which means you have tons of features available here.
- You can easily customize anything, you can easily customize any section of your website.
- With the help of WordPress.org, you can create any type of website like e-commerce, e-learning, membership portal, discussion portal and all other content.
- It is filter friendly which means you can easily develop your website in future, Lots of free premium templates available, Lots of themes available, Thousands of plugins available.
- And the most important part is being able to fully customize your website without limiting it.
- Is it SEO friendly? If you are not an SEO guy, you can learn from implementing some basic things with the help of WordPress.org or you can read our blog on WordPress SEO.
Disadvantages of using this platform
- The first disadvantage is that you need to keep your website constantly up to date, which means updating whatever happens from WordPress.
- Get website backups continuously as WordPress updates its functionality every day.
Apart from these platforms Wix, Weebly, LinkedIn, and all other platforms are available but for now, we are limiting our release to wordpress.org.
I personally like to choose and use wordpress.org and would recommend investing some amount if you are really interested in your blogging career.
If you are working for a company and you need to create an online portfolio, then WordPress will serve you great in this regard.
If you are a freelancer, then Medium will be the right choice for you. There are many best blogging platforms available in the market, but they all require a significant amount of money for setup and maintenance.
They have low speed. However, if you want the perfect blogging platform, you should opt for WooThemes.