Do you know the best WordPress Plugins for SEO that will help you boost your traffic?
WordPress might be the most popular CMS on the web, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy to get everything set up and running smoothly for your site.
One area that almost always needs some tweaking is the various search engine optimization (SEO) plugins and settings you can use in order to drive more traffic to your website using search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
In this guide, we take a look at some of the best WordPress plugins you can use to make sure your WordPress SEO is as optimized as possible.
Today will see the best WordPress plugins for SEO:
- Yoast SEO
- Rank Math
- Wp- Rocket
- Broken Link Checker
- Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP
- Republish Old Posts
- Automatic Image Alt Attributes
- Semrush Writing Assistance
- Really Simple SSL
- Titan Anti-spam & Security
Best WordPress plugins for SEO
1. Yoast SEO:
Yoast SEO is a popular WordPress SEO plugin that allows you to optimize your WordPress website for search engines. It offers a variety of SEO tools and is designed to help you improve your website’s SEO strategy in an intuitive way.
Yoast SEO is the most downloaded SEO plugin on the WordPress.org platform, with over 20 million downloads. This plugin also has the most reviews on the platform, with over 1.3 million user reviews, so you can rest assured that you’re getting a tried-and-tested plugin when you use Yoast SEO.
It allows you to easily add SEO titles and descriptions to all the posts and pages on your website. It can also be used to add Open Graph metadata and photos from social media to your articles.
Yoast SEO creates an XML sitemap for all of your website’s content, making crawling your site easier for search engines. If you’ve been using another SEO plugin, it also makes it simple to import your SEO data.
Read our entire guide on installing and configuring the Yoast SEO plugin in WordPress.
Yoast SEO Features
- Enter keywords and check how successfully you’ve optimised your pages and posts for them.
- See what your Google search engine result will look like in real time. You can use this to make the meta description and title more appealing and keyword-rich.
- On all pages, a readability check is performed to see whether you need to break up paragraphs or add components such as numbered lists or headings.
- If you have duplicate material on a page or in a post, the plugin will detect it.
- Yoast offers some of the most comprehensive materials and assistance of any plugin developer we’ve ever encountered.
- Every two weeks, they additionally update the plugin.
- On the backend, the premium plugin offers a redirect manager, free support, content insights, and an ad-free interface.
2. Rank Math
When determining where to spend your time, you’ll want to consider how search engines work and how users interact with search results. The goal of search engines is to provide relevant information in response to specific searches—not links that lead nowhere or sites full of irrelevant content.
If a search engine can quickly figure out what users are looking for, it can present them with links that will keep them on their site longer and make it more likely they’ll click on advertisements.
Rank Math is a popular and easy-to-use WordPress SEO plugin that helps you optimize your site for search engines and social media.
It comes with a setup wizard and allows you to import data from Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest as well as Google Search Console.
It can be used as a complete SEO suite for your website or as a tool to assist other SEO plugins to show keywords and meta descriptions. The Rank Math plugin is a low-cost alternative to other well-known SEO plugins.
Rank Math Features
- It’s a one-stop shop for all things SEO.
- Each post, page, and product is subjected to a 40-factor SEO analysis.
- The user interface is simple and straightforward, and the options are straightforward.
- It allows you to add alt or title tags to images that are lacking them automatically.
- A 404 monitor is included with Rank Math to show you when users encounter issues.
- It also includes a Redirection module, which allows you to redirect 404 errors to a more useful page on your website.
- The XML Sitemap module is included with Rank Math, and the plugin also automatically pings search engines whenever you make updates to your posts.
- Rich Snippets support is available, with the possibility to select from six various sorts of snippets, such as Article, Product, Recipes, Events, Video, Local Business, and so on.
SEO press is a sophisticated SEO plugin that is also very easy to use. It has the typical characteristics of a tool of this type, such as redirection, titles, descriptions, and XML image and content.
It also includes many other features such as the Google Analytics settings, the ability to import pages and posts from a file, and have a preview of the content to be published.
This makes it a very good plugin for those who need to optimize their web pages and their contents to give them more visibility and better search results.
- There will be no adverts, and your editors will see a metabox that does not mention SEOPress. The admin bar is the same way.
- It allows you to quickly integrate Google Analytics tracking to your website. You may exclude user roles from tracking, create custom dimensions, allow remarketing, demographics, and interest reports, track PDF, DOCX, XLSX, and downloads, and more.
- Twitter meta tags and Facebook open graph data may be added quickly and easily.
WP Rocket is the most effective and cost-free approach to cache your WordPress site. It comes with a lot of features, including automated optimization, and is highly recommended by WordPress experts.
- Get your WordPress site cached as soon as possible. Caching speeds up the loading of your site, which is crucial for both SEO and conversions.
- Allow your users to immediately benefit from your site’s faster, cached content! When you make updates to your web pages, WP Rocket immediately preloads the cache.
- Browser Caching Save your site’s frequently requested resources—images, JS, CSS—in the navigation device’s local memory, whether it’s a desktop or mobile device.
- Gzip Compress and decompress web pages on the server and in the browser. Your files get smaller, and your visitors can access your content more quickly.
- Your online store will run quickly and smoothly: WP Rocket caches sensitive sites but not others. There will be no tampering with the purchasing process.
One of the most overlooked aspects of search engine optimization is broken link building. Fixing broken links, whether on your own site or other sites that you’re promoting is one of the most effective ways to build up trust and get more inbound links. One easy way to check for broken links and fix them is using a plugin like Broken Link Checker.
Note: If you want this Broken Link Checker Plugin then I personally recommend you not to install this plugin instead you can install Broken Link Checker Chrome Extension.
Broken Link Checker Features
- To fix a broken link, you don’t even need to go to the post or page. All link changes must be made through the plugin’s main page.
- The WordPress SEO plugin provides a feature that allows you to search and filter links.
- It can be used for more than only discovering broken links in posts and pages. The plugin keeps track of comments, custom fields, and other things.
- Missing images and redirects are also detected–basically, anything that could cause a reader to become confused and cause Google to have a negative impression of your page.
- A feature that prevents search engines from following broken links on your site is available as an option.
Rankie is a free search engine rank checker and plugin. It’s a search engine analytics tool designed to help webmasters better understand how search engines rank their webpages, using their web crawler or their human or hybrid search bot.
The plugin adds a small box with the search rank and URL of visited pages and links in a user’s browser, allowing for fast and easy search engine rank and search URL statistics analysis. In addition, the plugin can also show how many links are pointing in the same or in other pages.
- Keep an eye on WordPress’s Google ranking.
- Produce a ranking report.
- Tool for keyword research.
- Keep note of the keywords you’ve looked up.
- There are four main ways to locate positions.
- Emailing a daily report
- For each keyword, there is a ranking graph.
- Filtering is simple.
Schema is the structured data markup language for search engines. Schema allows you to mark up your content with structured data in order to make it easier for search engines to understand your content.
Structured data markup can be used for web pages, articles, videos, events, recipes, products, offers, local business searches, or any other content that can appear in search engine results. Schema makes your content more easily understood by the search engine.
Schema & Structured Data Features
- There are already over 35 schema types available, including Blog Posting, News Article, Local Business, Web page, Article, Recipe, Product, and Video Object. In the future, we’ll add all of the schema types. You can specify which one you’d like and we’ll add it for you!
- You can include or exclude any posts, pages, post types, taxonomies, and more with conditional display fields!
- Support from a Knowledge Base: By using the data type option, you can recognise material based on an organisation or a person.
- Full AMP Compatibility: AMP for WP and AMP by Automattic plugins are supported.
- Advanced Parameters: Use these options to experiment with the output of schema markup (Defragment, Add in Footer, Pretty Print, MicroData CleanUp etc.)
- Import information from other schema plugins, such as (SEO Pressor, WP SEO Schema, Schema Plugin etc )
- Generate the schema markup for the plugins to ensure compatibility. For them, we’ve supplied schema support. kk Star Ratings, WP-PostRatings, and bbPress are a few of them.
- Display your business’s Google reviews as well as the schema markup on your website.
- [Premium] (Retrieve reviews from more than 75 platforms).
- [Premium] Priority Assistance. Get it now. We receive over 100 technical queries every day, however the Priority support plan allows you to bypass this and receive assistance from a dedicated team.
- Module of Revision: Make your own review rating box with advantages and negatives, as well as the schema markup for it.
- Gutenberg’s Schema Type Blocks: Use the blocks to create your own content, and the json schema markup will be inserted automatically.
- Unlimited Custom Post Types: You can use an unlimited number of custom post types to represent Rich Snippets data in the Google Search Console.
If you want to republish some of your old posts, you can use WordPress Republish Old Posts plugin. This plugin is used to update old posts, resetting the publication date to a more up-to-date one.
This makes the older posts stay on your home page, at the top of file pages, and in the RSS feed. The plugin also resets the post’s comments to be unapproved and resets the post’s sharing settings to private.
Republish Old Post Features
- Your old material isn’t visible to new visitors to your site. This will assist them in locating it.
- Search engines won’t show old information in date-based queries, but resetting the date can make it look new again.
- People want to share and link to new information, and they can tell when it was published by looking at the date.
This plugin is used to add alternative text to images automatically. This way, you avoid wasting time adding this content to each image. Just don’t forget to tag the file name before you upload it. For more information about how to tag images, please refer to this page.
Automatic Image Alt Attributes Features:
- You can Set the picture title to the filename of the image.
- Set the picture Caption to the image filename.
- Set the picture description to the filename of the image.
- You can Set the picture filename as the Alt Text for the image. Before WordPress 4.7, this was a built-in functionality. This vital element is restored by the plugin, which is beneficial to SEO.
- Insert the image title into the HTML of the post. Since WordPress 3.5, Image Titles are no longer added to images. It is restored by the plugin.
- Remove any hyphens from the filename of the image.
- Remove any underscores from the filename of the image.
- The filename should be free of full stops.
- Take off the commas from the filename.
- Remove all numeric characters from the filename.
- You can disable any of the above-mentioned functionalities.
The SEMrush Writing Assistant plugin for WordPress not only improves your writing skills but also provides insight into what keywords your competitors are ranking for and why.
This is because you can see the keywords that your competitors are ranking for, and the pages they’re ranking.
This information can tell you how to rank up your site, and where you might need to focus your marketing efforts. But for now, let’s just use the plugin to find some keywords on your site.
SemRush Writing Assistance Features:
- Overall score – evaluates the article’s overall quality using criteria including readability, text length, and target keywords.
- Readability score — determines the difficulty of your text using the Flesch-Kincaid reading-ease scale. You’ll be given suggestions for improving your sentences and words.
- Target keywords — displays suggestions for the provided keywords, as well as their volume and difficulty.
- Recommended keywords – displays keywords that are semantically related and should be included in your text.
- Maintain a consistent tone of voice in your writing to achieve the proper level of formality.
- Plagiarism – check to see if your contributor supplied unique stuff.
- Linking — double-check your links for any flaws or issues.
It is well known that Google favors HTTPS websites over HTTP, providing them a slight ranking boost. HTTPS websites ensure that your visitors are linked to a secure site and improve the credibility of your business.
If you haven’t already done so, it’s time to redirect your HTTP website to HTTPS. As long as you have already installed a fully issued SSL certificate, WordPress’ Really Simple SSL plugin provides one of the simplest solutions to move from HTTP to HTTPS with just a few clicks.
Really Simple SSL Features:
- The Scanner & Fixer for Mixed Content. Learn which files are still being requested through HTTP and how to resolve the issue.
- Strict Transport Security (HTTPS) should be enabled.
- Configure your site for the HSTS preload list Advanced Security Headers to Improve Security, which includes policies like Content Security Policy, Permissions Policy, and others.
- Fixer for your Admin Area’s Mixed Content
- On your Security Dashboard, you’ll get detailed feedback and active support.
Titan is a spam filtering plugin that is integrated into the WordPress backend. The plugin is designed to keep your website spam-free by filtering out messages originating from known spam sources (senders).
It does this by blocking email messages that originate from any of the sites listed in the settings for the plugin, or which contain links. It also scans links for any known malware and checks the HTML for accessibility issues such as images that do not load, or which have missing alt tags.
Titan Anti-spam & Security Features
- T prevent your site from publishing malicious content, anti-spam checks your comments through our global spam database, then self learning neural network recheck unfiltered comments.
- We’ve developed algorithms to combat spam bots and ensure their correctness and reliability. It will save you time and money by allowing you to concentrate on enhancing and developing your website and business. Antispam keeps a log of all the requests it processes, allowing you to monitor the spam filters’ results. Regular parameter analysis allows you to discover new spam behaviour patterns.
- A user’s comment is immediately visible on the site. The background check identifies spam comments and removes them from a website. This improves the user experience and boosts engagement.
- [PRO] Checking for spam in the existing comments and users.
- [PRO] We offer technical help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Note: If you want your site to load faster in all search engines then you only need to install 10 plugins. According to market research WordPress can load 20 plugins or more. But my recommendation is to only use the 10 important plugins you really need. You can use more if you want.
For any WordPress site, a high-quality WordPress SEO plugin is essential. It’s possible that your theme already has SEO settings. If you do a redesign, however, an SEO plugin makes it simple to move your settings from one theme to the next.
You’ll need a technique to measure your SEO efforts if you want to show that they were worthwhile. I hope you found this article useful in your search for the best WordPress plugins for SEO and tools for your website.